Tuesday, April 22, 2014

SORRY! + April/March Faves + Basic Makeup List

I'm sorry! Don't kill me! I tried to blog! Things have been crazy lately. But finally everything is slowing down, so you will see more posts from me! Now, into the post:

I have been really loving...

Food: 

My first fave for food is not an item. It's a website. Lately I've been loving chocolatecoveredkatie's recipes. She has a website, so check them out! They're great alternatives to traditional desserts. 

www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com

So is my second. I'm sorry! I've just been attempting to eat healthier, and because of my sweet tooth, I've been searching for health-friendly desserts. Nosh & Nourish is a fabulous website with and even more inspiring story. Check it out!

www.noshandnourish.com

I've also really, really been loving pandas. 
Let me explain. I went over to a friends house for a girls movie night, and she offered me these cookies. And they're not just any cookies. They're panda cookies! Now, most of you know that I love pandas, elephants, and owls. I just adore them. 
And I obviously love cookies. Sooooooo....this is freaking perfect!!!
And this is when I start singing cheesy disney songs. Go figure.

Beauty:

This month, I've been sporting weird things on my face, so I had to go buy makeup. I usually don't wear makeup, but I wanted to give you guys a "what's in my makeup bag" spiel. It also doubles as a great starter makeup kit. Anyways...
1) concealer
I use CoverGirl+Olay balm concealer. I like it a lot because while it covers up my blemishes, it still leaves my skin looking natural and the same shade as it is! (I've had my skin turn a different color before. Not cool. )
2) BB Cream
I don't know about you, but I really hate foundation. I just can't wear that much product on my face. It makes me feel sticky and disgusting, and I believe makeup is onto there to enhance your natural beauty, not cover it up. I still needed something lighter though, so I turned to BB cream. I use the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, and I have to say, I love it. It's amazing, matches my skin tone, and perfects my skin to the point where I don't have to wear concealer anymore. And in my opinion, one less product on your face, the better!
3) Pressed Powder
On those days where you don't feel like doing anything, use pressed powder. Not to be confused with loose powder, this powder basically works as a type of foundation. I have heard about people using it to set their foundation, and I advise against it, because it puts a lot on your face, and doesn't really achieve that effortless look we all want. ;)
4) Mascara
Mascara is probably the most basic product on the list. It quick and easy to use, and pretty inexpensive. I prefer the Maybelline Falsies, but right now I have the CoverGirl lashblast 24 hours one, and it works great too.
5) Blush
Ever since I was little, I've always loved blush. Something about it makes it seem so fairytaleish to me. Mine is the Maybelline FitMe blush in the shade light mauve. It even has sparkles! 

That's it for now. I love you guys, and please comment! It means so much to me!
XOXO,
Ash


No comments:

Post a Comment