Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Red Velvet Brownies

I recently had guests over, and of course, I wanted to impress them with my baking ability. I had originally planned to make zucchini bread, as I know that's always a favorite. But I just had no time! I had all of the ingredients, I just wasn't into it for some reason. I then surfed all of my favorite cooking websites for inspiration and came across red velvet brownies. I have had them before, and really enjoyed them. So I got to work!

Ingredients:
1 box red velvet cake mix
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I might have *accidentally* put in 2 cups...)
1 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
3/4 cup of butter, melted (I'm going to play around with this, and see if I can sub the butter for something healthier like olive oil or a mashed banana. 3/4 cup is a lot of butter!)
1/2 cup water

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Combine egg, butter, water in a bowl. Add red velvet mix, stir until the ingredients are combined, and lumps are gone.
3. Add chips and nuts if used and pour mixture into greased 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
4. Bake for about 40 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes before applying frosting.
5. Frost brownies with cream cheese frosting: store-bought or homemade. (Recipe will be up!)
6. Place in fridge and take out about 5-10 minutes before serving!

XOXO,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment