Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My Famous Zucchini Bread Recipe

I love dessert. I hate zucchini. Like seriously, it tastes disgusting! When I first heard of zucchini bread, I was not too excited about trying it. However, when I went over to a friend's for lunch, she had baked zucchini bread, so I tried it. And it was amazing! Below is my recipe for zucchini bread. I took my friend's recipe, so credit goes to her! ILYSM!


Zucchini Bread


3 1/4 all-purpose or wheat flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground
1 cup sugar
1 cup Stevia/Truvia (If you don't like Stevia/Truvia, substitute with 2 cups sugar. I just wanted to make it a bit healthier!)
1 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs or 4 medium eggs
1/3 cup water
2 cups finely grated zucchini
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup walnuts or almonds or pecans *optional*
1 cup chocolate chips *optional*

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon, and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, water, zucchini, and lemon juice. Mix wet ingredients into dry. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts if applicable. Bake in 2 standard loaf pans, sprayed with nonstick spray for 1 hour, or until a fork/tester comes out clean. Check bread at 45 mins.  (My oven is usually done in 45-50 mins.)

NOTE: This is not a extremely healthy recipe, so if following the bikini plan, (refer to earlier post), then make sure to exercise! :)

XOXO,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment